Although the terms “digital agency services” and “digital marketing agency services” are often used interchangeably and even Google results mixes them up, there are some important differences in the services that digital agencies and digital marketing agencies provide.
We’ll explain the key differences between the two, walk you through the services a digital agency offers, and give you a glimpse into our own full service-digital agency at Digital Silk.
What Is A Digital Agency?
A digital agency is a service provider specialized in digital tools, environments and systems. Thanks to this expertise, a digital agency offers services such as web design, software development, digital marketing and even digital transformation.
Since a digital agency focuses, of course, on digital solutions, this type of agency typically does not provide traditional marketing or advertising, or other offline services.
What Is A Full-Service Digital Agency?
A full-service digital agency provides end-to-end digital solutions and services. Unlike agencies that specialize in one area of digital services, a full-service digital agency can work on multiple projects for different areas of your business, from design and development to branding, marketing and more.
What Services Does A Digital Agency Provide?
Digital agency services typically include:
- Digital strategy building and consulting
- Website, app and/or software planning, design and development
- Digital marketing strategy and execution
- Creative design for digital platforms
- Social media marketing
- PPC search and display campaigns
- Retargeting campaigns with dynamic ads
- Email marketing and newsletters
- Content marketing
- SEO and link-building
- Video advertising (including production)
- Affiliate marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Analytics, reports, insights and more
Once you find a digital agency that fits your needs, you can build a lasting relationship and leverage their services throughout the life cycle of your business.
In fact, the majority of companies tend to extend relationships with their agency – 89% of companies hire their current partners for additional services.
Outsourcing to digital experts can help you speed up lead generation, increase revenue and improve your digital presence.
Let’s look at some of the most common services in more detail:
1. Web Design & Development Services
A professionally designed website is a must-have, regardless of the industry you’re in, because it acts as a 24/7 sales tool, attracts traffic, promotes your brand and adds credibility to your business.
A digital agency will help you plan, optimize, design and develop your website, as well as market it once it’s live to attract qualified leads into your funnel and increase conversion rates.
At Digital Silk, we design and develop websites for brands across industries.
Web design and development services provided by a digital agency typically include:
- Website sketching and wireframing
- UX/UI design (frontend)
- Website development (backend)
- ECommerce solutions
- Website copywriting
- Usability testing with users
- Quality assurance and improvement
- Website optimization (including technical SEO)
- Web performance improvements
- Web hosting and data backups
- Website redesign
- Website maintenance (including CMS updates)
At Digital Silk, we provide custom solutions developed to generate greater brand engagement, increase conversions and provide measurable results.
2. App Design & Development Services
From social media and educational apps to productivity and entertainment apps, the use of applications ensures your software infrastructure is highly-performing, scalable and sustainable.
Most digital agencies offer app design and development services, for apps across industries.
At Digital Silk, we research your industry and competitive landscape, plan, design and develop custom apps to grow your business.
App design and development services at a digital agency typically include:
- Native and cross-platform solutions
- UI/UX design services
- Consulting and prototyping
- App development
- Automated QA and testing
- Progressive web apps
- Platform-specific services such as Android and iOS mobile apps, Windows or Linux desktop apps and more
An expert digital agency will handle the entire app development process from beginning to end, delivering an app with a user-friendly interface, easy-to-use platform and responsive design that fits every screen size.
3. Software Development Services
Software development services may include design, development and maintenance of:
- Company intranets
- Custom CMS solutions
- CRM and similar platforms
- AI-based systems
- Wearable technologies
- IoT software solutions
- Business automation tools
Outsourcing your custom software development to digital experts — like our in-house professionals at Digital Silk — ensures your solutions are optimized and running smoothly 24/7.
Our expert designers and developers work together to create unique, scalable software and app solutions using the latest technologies to enhance the user experience.
4. Branding & Rebranding Services
Whether you are building your brand image from the ground up or you are looking to change your image, a digital agency can help.
We help you create a unique brand identity, from defining your voice and messaging to designing your color palette, logo and more. Our custom brand books help ensure your brand remains consistent across all channels.
5. Digital Marketing Services
From customer acquisition to new leads and greater brand awareness, achieving your digital marketing goals requires strategic planning.
A digital agency can help you identify your target audiences, choose the right strategy and channel(s) and launch campaigns that drive results.
Digital marketing services provided by a digital agency typically include:
- Digital marketing strategy
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Marketing analytics
- Content writing
- Marketing automation
- Link building
What’s The Difference Between Digital Marketing And Digital Agency Services?
Digital agency services typically encompass digital marketing services. However, digital marketing is only a subset of the full portfolio of services digital agencies can offer.
To illustrate the difference, let’s look at an example.
A digital marketing agency can help you launch an email marketing campaign to promote your new product or service.
A full-service digital agency can also help you launch an email marketing campaign, along with a number of additional services, including:
- Gathering insights into your industry and competitor landscape
- Gathering insights into audience behavior
- Creating user personas
- Designing a mobile app to further engage your audiences
- Adding new features and functionalities to your website to improve the user experience
- Creating a social media strategy to engage your audience
And the list goes on.
The point? A full-service digital agency can typically go above and beyond the scope of what a digital marketing agency can offer.
How Much Do Digital Agency Services Cost?
The cost of digital agency services varies greatly based on several key factors. These factors include:
- Type of service
- Scope of outsourced work
- The complexity of deliverables
- Agency’s expertise
- Agency’s location
- The project’s timeline
Meet with your prospective digital agency to explain the scope of your project and your goals. After reviewing the details, the agency should provide you with a transparent cost breakdown.
Why Hire A Full-Service Digital Agency?
The key value of working with a full-service digital agency, compared to a marketing agency? Efficiency.
Outsourcing your entire “digital muscle” — including branding, website and marketing — to one service provider saves you time on onboarding and optimizes the results, including lead times.
Hiring one agency facilitates continuous domain knowledge building and smooth handovers because the agency will handle project onboarding on its own.
If you hire multiple digital service providers, you have to account for multiple onboarding sessions and ground-up domain knowledge building, which can put a strain on your in-house team.
This also ensures a synchronized and well-coordinated approach to multiple digital projects. From website optimization to marketing campaigns, all of these elements are part of a single digital ecosystem.
Entrusting that ecosystem to one agency can improve the lead times and outcomes as they have a full grasp over this system, ensuring all elements behave synergistically.
Looking for Digital Agency Services? Check Out Digital Silk
Digital Silk is a full-service digital agency that covers core expertise, such as:
- Branding services
- Digital strategy
- Website design and development
- eCommerce development
- App design and development
- Digital marketing services
Our team is comprised of top experts in design, development, branding, copywriting and more.
Our results-driven digital services include a multi-channel marketing approach focused on increasing conversions, bringing you repeat traffic and generating greater visibility for your brand.
Here’s a look at why we rank among the top digital agencies:
- We are a company with diversified portfolio: Our projects are based on data-backed insights to help us craft custom designs across a wide range of industries.
- We act as both professionals and consultants: We offer full digital agency services by uniting digital strategists, project managers, designers, content specialists and developers. We support you every step of the way, to not only achieve but to exceed your goals.
- We are transparent: From regular meetings to time tracking and reporting, you receive updates on the progress and execution of your digital project regularly, from start to finish with complete transparency.
- We help you grow: We use our expertise to help you attract leads, drive sales and benefit from new markets and partnerships by ensuring a scalable solution.
Digital Agency Services Key Takeaways
Digital agency services include a variety of digital marketing, design, development and software engineering services.
Outsourcing to digital experts allows a team of professionals to take care of your digital presence, including research, strategies, lead generation, conversion rate optimization and more.
Whether you’re looking to build a custom website, software or app, or you’re looking for a comprehensive brand or digital strategy to boost your visibility, our experts will exceed your expectations on every project.