With over 2 billion people shopping online around the globe and thousands of brands fighting for their attention, Salesforce provides you with an opportunity to get ahead of your competition, by allowing you to streamline processes and giving you valuable insights into your customers.
From lead generation and sales forecasting to collaboration tools, workflow automation and more, this CRM software is an all-in-one platform your e-store.
We’ll share everything you need to know about Magento Salesforce integration, including the benefits it provides, and how to prepare your e-store for integration. Plus, we’ll detail our own expert integration process at Digital Silk.
What Is Salesforce?
Salesforce provides a shared view of your customers within a single interface to all of your departments, from sales and marketing to commerce and service.
Check out the video below for a quick tutorial:
Why Integrate Magento 2 And Salesforce?
A Salesforce and Magento integration offers plenty of benefits for your e-store, from improved productivity to valuable insights and more. Here are the top benefits of a Salesforce and Magento integration:
Synchronize Your Data
Let’s say your company uses QuickBooks, along with Salesforce.
After the integration, your sales reps can gather all data from both systems, using only Salesforce. They’ll have all the information and insights they need in one place, without having to switch back and forth between systems.
Benefit From Real-Time Updates
The Magento Salesforce integration allows Magento to offer real-time data on products, orders, pricing, shipping and more. When an order is placed in the Magento frontend, all information is automatically updated in Salesforce.
This also allows you to improve customer service.
Gain Valuable Customer Insights
Through Salesforce integration, you can automatically generate and maintain profiles for each customer. This 360-degree customer view allows you to understand your audience better, through a detailed look at their needs, pain points and behavior.
Using insights from your customer profiles, you can improve personalization for each customer, to create a more engaging experience with your brand. You can customize product suggestions based on previous orders or even location.
Salesforce provides an activity timeline that allows you to track leads. Find out exactly where your leads came from and optimize your marketing campaigns across channels.
Plan Your Sales Strategy With Detailed Reports
Salesforce gives you access to sales reports that allow you to analyze historical data, identify customer behavior patterns and map out your sales strategy.
You can use different filters and fields to find the exact metrics you need, then plan your strategy based on clear and accurate data.
Should You Upgrade To Magento 2 Before Integrating With Salesforce?
In short, the answer is yes. Although you can integrate Salesforce with your Magento 1 solution, we strongly recommend updating to Magento 2 first.
Support and updates have been discontinued for the earlier version, which will affect the speed, security and flexibility of your e-stores.
At Digital Silk, we offer migration services to Magento 2, from both Magento 1 and other eCommerce solutions.
Moving to Magento 2 will provide a number of benefits for your e-store, including:
- Higher speed, with an increase of up to 20%
- Updated security
- A mobile-friendly design
- A streamlined checkout process
- A clean and friendly admin interface
- Flexibility to adapt your solution to changing consumer needs and expectations
Why Hire Magento Experts To Handle Your Salesforce Integration?
Integration extensions allow you to integrate Salesforce on your own. However, leaving it to the pro’s will ensure the integration is done correctly, without data loss or interruptions to your e-store.
At Digital Silk, our experts can integrate Salesforce with your Magento e-store so you can provide your customers with a personalized, integrated experience.
Working with Digital Silk, you can benefit from:
- A team of top-ranked Magento developers who deliver custom end-to-end Magento services for your e-store
- Experience and a versatile portfolio
- Digital strategists who research your industry, competitors and consumer trends to create a data-driven digital strategy to optimize your online presence
- Magento consultants who will recommend improvements
- Detailed planning and transparent communication at every stage of your project
How To Prepare Your e-Store For Magento & Salesforce Integration
Before integration, it’s important to prepare your e-sore to ensure your data is transferred properly. Here’s how to prepare:
1. Choose Your Integration Approach
Keep in mind that an approach that is not customized will make you dependent on third party development solutions, compromise your system’s integrity and affect your overall e-store performance, due to actions and codes that are not optimized for your specific business and your customers’ needs.
A customized approach will give you complete control over the process, along with the ability to select the data you want to synchronize, leaving the rest unaffected.
2. Select An Integration Module
The market offers various Magento and Salesforce integration modules. Your choice will depend on your customer needs and expectations. Magento experts at a professional agency can help you determine the best module for your integration.
3. Define Your Project Requirements
To define your project requirements, consider the following questions:
- Will Salesforce cover all CRM needs?
- Are there internal resources to maintain the system?
- What additional functionalities are needed?
- Who will develop the upgrades to the system?
Having a clear vision will ensure your e-store is optimized to attract and retain customers and drive conversion.
Digital Silk’s Magento 2 & Salesforce Integration Process
At Digital Silk, we follow a detailed integration process to ensure all data is synchronized and your e-store provides a fully integrated shopping experience for your customers.
Here’s a quick look at our process:
- Onboarding: We analyze the architecture and performance of your current e-store
- Recommendations: We explain how Salesforce integration will benefit your business
- Integration: We synchronize your Magento e-store with Salesforce, giving you access to real-time analytics, centralized data, improved inventory management and more
- Security: We monitor the release of new Magento security updates and implement upgrades to keep your data secure
- Functional QA: We conduct Salesforce integration testing in both the staging environment and the production environment
- Launch: We launch your integrated solution so you can start benefitting from synchronized data across your departments
- Support & Maintenance: After your integration, we offer support and maintenance to ensure functional performance, security and flexibility
Additional Magento Services At Digital Silk
At Digital Silk, our team of experienced developers, designers, project managers, strategists and more also act as consultants for your project.
We examine your current Magento solution, research your industry and competitors and make data-driven recommendations to improve your e-store performance.
Our Magento services include:
- Magento Consulting Services
- Magento End-To-End Development Services
- Custom Magento Development
- Magento Migration Services
- Magento Integration Services
- Magento PWA Development
- Magento Website Design
Magento Consulting Services
Whether you’re looking for ways to promote your e-store, improve processes or expand your operation, our experts will recommend the best solution to help you reach your goals.
Magento End-To-End Development Services
We research your industry and competitors and build Magento e-stores that reflect your unique selling proposition and generate sales. We QA your new solution, ensure a successful launch and offer future support and maintenance.
Custom Magento Development
We build custom features, code and extensions to create e-stores that are unique, attract target audiences and drive conversion.
Magento Website Design
We follow eCommerce best practices to build a Magento e-store design that combines high quality visuals with detailed product descriptions and your unique brand elements, so you can give your customers an on-brand experience.
Magento Migration Services
Our experts migrate your e-store to Magento 2 from Magento 1 and other eCommerce solutions, to give your online shop a mobile-friendly design, high speed and improved security.
Magento PWA Development
We develop Magento Progressive Web Applications (PWAs) so your customers can enjoy an optimized shopping experience both online and offline.
Key Takeaways On Magento Salesforce Integration
Magento 2 integration with Salesforce can bring a number of benefits to your e-store, including:
- Synchronized information
- Organized customer profiles
- Improved productivity
- Real-time feedback from your customers
- A personalized marketing approach to attract more customers
You can use various extensions to complete the integration process, but hiring an agency with Magento expertise can help ensure the integration is seamless and your operation is uninterrupted in the process.
In addition to Salesforce integration, we provide Magento end-to-end development, design, ERP/CRM/POS integration, migration and consulting services that can improve your e-store performance and increase conversion.