Want to stand out as a top player in the tech industry?
From tech startups around the world amounting to 1.35 million to giant tech corporations, a website that sets you apart from the rest plays a key role in growing visibility and making a name for yourself in an innovative landscape.
In this article, we will explore seven of the best tech websites and present the web design best practices for 2022 that will help you create a new-era website for your brand.
7 Top Tech Website Design Examples In 2022
Innovative ideas and ahead-of-its-time technology are one thing. But presentation is another.
Here are five tech brands that have turned their websites into engaging, conversion masterpieces through design and storytelling.
As a service that helps businesses transform into remote working models, Rocka uses imagery to emphasize their value propositions and benefits.
As you scroll down the one-page conversion funnel toward the subscription form, the website changes colors and mood to match each stage of the user journey.
Massive elements, vivid colors and high-quality photography give life to Rocka’s website. The experience is enriched with subtly animated geometric shapes, with consistent branding throughout.
The takeaway: Rocka uses a minimalistic approach and a subtle synergy between design and language to communicate the benefits of their brand, with memorable branding elements throughout the user journey.
Shepper, a company that allows you to check assets digitally, from properties and retail to financial services and utilities, uses bright colors and a clean, white background for a professional and minimalistic design.
The subtle nuances facilitate the navigation while the discreet animations and interactive elements keep visitors engaged and focused.
Shepper uses typography to its benefit: headings stand out in sans-serif while paragraph text utilizes serif typography. This creates a good balance of modernity versus tradition, while keeping legibility in check.
The takeaway: The home page presents the product with short copy and clean visuals in a minimalistic environment. The bottom of the page includes two CTAs: one that takes the user to a “How it works” page, and the other to a “Get started” sign ups.
As a leader that helps businesses stay up-to-date with new technologies, Sysdoc uses a clean and modern layout.
Simple and short animations enhance the UX while case studies and client reviews toward the bottom of the page build trust and add to the brand’s credibility.
The copy is concise and the menu navigation is simple. The CTAs are well-designed and bold, while the sticky menu follows you as you scroll down the website.
The takeaway: The simple navigation, sticky menu, refined use of white space, color balance and large typography makes this website stand out as a minimal tech website design.
Sonos, a producer of wireless sound systems, is a great example of a tech website that grabs your attention from the very start.
Its clean and elegant design and simple navigation make the user journey smooth, intuitive and enjoyable.
The CTAs throughout the site promote engagement — “Explore,” “Download,” “View,” “Ask” — and make you want to know more about the company and what they have to offer.
The takeaway: Sonos’ website design is minimalistic and clean, with simple layout, strong imagery, powerful videos and stylish yet simple typography.
An innovative fitness software solution, Fitbit offers trackers, smartwatches and accessories that allow you to monitor your daily fitness activities and body response. From heartrate and steps to calorie count and more — the website matches up to this innovation.
Colorful and vivid, the website offers a simple layout with minimalistic navigation focused on impactful images and videos to present the Fitbit product.
The text is short and easy to skim, and the navigation is clean and simple.
The CTAs are unique and on-brand — “Start the glow up,” “Put the focus on your health,” “Start tracking in style” and more.
The takeaway: Fitbit’s website design boasts an easy and friendly layout, which is both functional and fun. It shows an excellent understanding of both buyer behavior and human psychology, combining innovation solutions, insights and motivational tips with a modern aesthetic.
McLear offers contactless payment through connecting your debit or credit card with an modern ring, designed to perfectly fit your finger.
The website design is clean and minimalistic, with simple navigation, short text sections packed with value and imagery that is both consumer- and product-centered.
The benefits of the product are listed in a center position right below the hero image: cashback, deactivated in a single click, hypoallergenic, scratch resistant, fast, precise and more.
The CTAs are simple — “See,” “Order,” “Buy.” The payment partners are listed in a visible position on the home page, which helps promote trust.
The takeaway: Minimalistic, neat and user-oriented, McLear’s website design is an example of how the best tech websites should look. It presents a tech solution that combines style and functionality with an easy, trendy and tech-oriented lifestyle.
Apple needs no introduction. Its smartphones, computers, tablets and smartwatches are a sign of innovation, modern style and above-par branding.
Clean and well-organized, with a focus on color and a friendly user journey, the home page speaks for itself through the images.
A product worth of Prince William’s choice — do we need to say more?
The takeaway: An iconic brand with an iconic website, Apple uses a combination of minimalism and product images to create interest, desire and conversions.
2022 Design Trends For Tech Website Design
2022 is around the corner, and the best tech websites will be competing for attention. Here are the trends you should implement in 2022:
1. Minimalistic Navigation
Simple, streamlined navigation enhances the user experience and ensures that your visitor isn’t overwhelmed. Stick to six or less menu items and use a sticky navigation menu that follows the user as they scroll.
2. White Space
Minimalism accentuates the important content and keeps users focused.
Use white space and allow the elements on your site to breathe, to help the user digest the most important information you have to offer.
3. Immersive 3D Elements
Use immersive 3D effects to make your tech website more engaging. Prolong your site visitors’ dwell time and average session time by increasing interaction.
Make sure you have a well-optimized, fast-loading platform and high-performing website UI that can support the bandwidth-heavy content of 3D elements.
4. Layers And Floating Elements
Floating website visuals and soft shadows provide depth and intensity and lend a 3D appeal to your website.
Apply them to text, images, videos and graphics. Experiment with placing elements on top of each other to move away from flat and immutable designs.
To acquire an enhanced depth with a lightweight feel, apply soft drop shadows.
5. Voice User Interface
The number of digital voice assistants is expected to reach 8.4 billion by 2024.
Voice chatbots and virtual assistants are the standard in B2B and B2C digital sectors. They’ve changes the way users interact with brands.
2022 Content Trends For Tech Web Design
Design is crucial, especially if you are determined to make your website stand out. But adding high-quality content adds a further competitive edge and value to your tech website.
To serve as informative and educational resource center for your customers, here are the different types of content you might consider for your site:
- Case Studies: Have your products or services had a positive impact? If so, spread the news! Case studies are an excellent tool to show how your technology works and explain the benefits it provides. Use examples from various industries and types of organizations to show how you can cater to your tech audience’s needs and expectations.
- Blogs: Address the pain points of your consumers and explain how your product can benefit them by demonstrating solutions, describing features and suggesting upgrades in easy-to-skim blog posts. Optimize for the right keywords and you’ll have the added benefit of attracting tech-hungry traffic!
- Videos: Use how-to tutorials and free video webinars to present your tech solutions in a more engaging and interactive way. This real-time content option is a great way to interact with your consumers and answer their burning questions.
- Reports: To become an authority in the tech industry, be transparent with info such as quarterly reports, plans, upcoming events and stock information for investors. With detailed info available at the tips of their fingertips, the public will perceive you as a credible, trustworthy brand.
- Newsletters: The tech industry is constantly evolving, and the race to be the first in innovation is as competitive as ever. Use a weekly newsletter to share updates, drive interest and rev up excitement for new product launches.
- User-generated content: Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, and techies are no different. Increase brand awareness and engagement by urging your followers to use a certain hashtag to get noticed, or by running social media campaigns that use UG content.
- Podcasts: There’s a podcast out there on nearly every topic, and tech is no exception. If you don’t have the bandwidth or budget to create your own, do a little digging and request guest spots on the tech podcasts that are already out there. Promote your products, answer questions, share features and get your target audience excited about your brand.
Want to hear more about how blogs contribute to increasing organic traffic and building domain authority?
Here is a video by Digital Silk’s Head of Content, Emma Debeljak.
5 Professional Recommendations To Create The Best Tech Website Design
Here are five recommendations from our expert Digital Silk team for a tech website design that grabs attention, gains traffic and converts:
Digital agencies design websites strategically to give value to prospects and leads. Learn from the pros! These five best practices will help you turn your website into a business-generating platform:
1. Optimize Your User Experience And Navigation
Ensure your visitors are able to explore your site seamlessly by providing simple navigation.
- Simplify your nav menu: Use six or less menu items to keep it simple without overwhelming your visitor.
- Provide a search field and contact info: Incorporate contact and search fileds within the main nav menu at the top of the page.
- Use breadcrumbs: If your website has many pages, use breadcrumbs to help visitors keep track of where they are.
- Add appropriate links in the footer: Add terms and conditions, legal and privacy info, sign-up and email subscription in your website footer.
2. Create A Mobile-First Layout
Over 50% of all internet traffic happens on smartphone and tablet devices. Use a mobile-first approach to provide excellent UX and UI to your site visitors, and ensure your site loads quickly.
3. Use Consistent Branding
Brand consistency increases revenue. Create a brand book that includes all of your branding elements to ensure consistency across channels, from your logo and color palate to typography and more.
4. Use Visual Storytelling
Telling the story of your company through diagrams, custom graphics, charts and even videos conveys your complex technical data in a way that is easy to understand.
Use visuals to demonstrate what your business does, what problems your technology can solve and how your solution works. Storytelling helps even the non-technical buyers get the right picture.
5. Use Bold CTAs
Bold and visually striking call-to-action buttons are a powerful lead generation tool for technology websites.
Use CTAs to encourage your visitors to take the desired action, from downloading a white paper or subscribing to a webinar to converting and buying a product.
Key Takeaways On Creating The Best Tech Website In 2022
While 127 new devices are being connected to the internet every second and over 4.66 billion people are using the Internet, your tech website will only rise to the top if it provides an engaging user experience.
At Digital Silk, our experts research and analyze your niche to create converting tech websites that stand out, educate and build trust.